Folding the VR Technora sail

All rigid wing news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

Folding the VR Technora sail

Postby lukenicol » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am

I saw a video a couple of weeks ago where the Air factory were demonstrating how to fold the Technora sail correctly. Now I can't seem to find it anywhere! Anyone have a link? It's not the one of Felix derigging the vq. Cheers, Luke
lukenicol

Re: Folding the VR Technora sail

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EmMO-WzHw#t=245

At the 4 min point in this video, Sven (I think) gives folding instructions... Is this what your looking for?

Martin
Martin

Postby lukenicol » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:25 am

YES!!! Thanks Martin, I didn't realise i had seen it in that video. Cheers, Luke
lukenicol

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:55 pm

The guys in US did a great service putting the two setup and break down videos, I personally think AIR has been terribly remiss in not having taken the initiative, especially given how easy it is to produce and upload.

There is also a good video on setting the tail on the VR-Q... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CP3nXGcsdc

Some videos I would like to see the factory make, Sail Re+Re for the Q series (including tips and tricks for sail adjustment and placement), Sweep, "how to adjust", Nose wire replacement..... common maintenance stuff.

One comment about the folding of the sail on the Q's, be careful watch the how the hardware and straps fit into picture on the back of the D-tube. Folds of fabric can get pinched into the mix, the sharp edges of the trailing side of the D-tube can cut the fabric and the lumps of the hardware can damage the rib that is in the vicinity. I find that once you have the velcro drawn up tight, give the area a quick look to make sure your good to go.

Cheers

Martin
Martin

Return to Rigid Wings