Spare ribs

All rigid wing news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

Spare ribs

Postby skyhigh123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:40 am

Following my glider upgrade last year, I have a complete set of ribs for an early VR which are surplus to requirements.

Attempts to get some money for them having proved fruitless I need to get rid of them as they are cluttering up the house and are of no use to me now. So, they either go to the local tip or if anyone wants them I could bring them back to the UK at the end of October and offer them free to collector.

If you want some or all of them let me know and I will take them home to Bristol.

Tony
skyhigh123

Re: Spare ribs

Postby chrisjonesbath » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Tony,

If nobody is willing to pay you any cash I'll take them and hold them for the community in case anybody needs them in the future.

Chris

ps. Broke a flap again a few weeks back, just zipping up the bag :-(
chrisjonesbath

Re: Spare ribs

Postby skyhigh123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Chris,

How annoying. Are you repairing it yourself. I repaired a couple of breaks on my old flaps using a carbon kit from "Carbonology". The key to a neat repair was to cover the repair, as it cured, with plastic film pulled tight. Result a mirror finish when the film is removed.

The annoying thing is, that I could have let you have a perfect, unrepaired left flap which was taken off my VR. However, in the excitement of picking up the upgraded glider from the factory I forgot to ask for it.

Would you also like two L/E extensions (quite a bit shorter than they were originally but otherwise fine)?

Tony
skyhigh123

Return to Rigid Wings