sunday 18th June

All rigid wing news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

sunday 18th June

Postby Jase » Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 am

Nev, was that you I saw skirting around the edges of Birmingham airspace & drifting over my house on Sunday ( Stourbridge).
My wife pointed out some other plane flying over, which I missed but spotted this graceful Atos winding it's way north.
Jason Smith
Atos VQ
Jase

Re: sunday 18th June

Postby Johnnybravo » Mon May 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Jase, It was Tim K. See UKNXCL. Flight trace runs nicely over Park Road!!!!!! Great Flight. Great by Ben P as well.
JohnB

A-I-R Atos VR/WW Sport 2 (155)/BMW R1150R.
Johnnybravo

Postby timking » Tue May 20, 2014 8:56 pm

i was there on 18th may hope to be back there on 18th june
timking

Postby Jase » Wed May 21, 2014 8:46 am

Fantastic to watch you fly over, it was really exciting, the 1st time I've ever seen a hang glider fly over, and to see a rigid was brilliant. So you landed at DK rugby club. I thought you might have gone on further, you seemed pretty much in control of the situation. If I new you were so close I'd have brought you over a beer & given you a lift home.
Jason Smith
Atos VQ
Jase

Postby timking » Wed May 21, 2014 9:08 pm

i had declared a goal at wombourne- 160km as that was as far as i thought possible with the forecast
Of course it was looking really good when i arrrived about 4 and i could have done another perhaps 50km before we got to more airspace
The new football pitches looked a really good place to land , and as i wound in Scott May was doing his best to keep the crowds attention in the field next door with his stunt show....looked a bit tame from my grandstand view.
Invited to a BBQ by the guy from the next field who also went and picked Ben philpott up from the goal about an hour and half later where he had landed.
timking

Return to Rigid Wings