I've got my VR

All rigid wing news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

I've got my VR

Postby lukenicol » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Had the first flight on my VR the other day. Absolutely mind blowing compared to my old glider (Axxess).
Does anyone have a real life polar to put in my flytec 6030? I'm in a treamline tenax 3. Thanks in advance.
lukenicol

Re: I've got my VR

Postby nev » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

What a difference egh.

When I switched from a Ghostbuster to an Atos V I didn't even bother getting a test flight - the first 2 minutes in the air reaffirmed my decision (I'd spent 2 years watching Atos C's glide away from me).

The switch from V to VR more subtle - you need some marginal days to discover just how good that low sink rate actually is - I have had days where PG's cannot only not soar, but can't even inflate their wings while the VR crusies up and down.

And with that tail, you will sometimes land and hear everyone talking about how rough it was and wonder how you avoided it all ;)
Nev
nev

Re: I've got my VR

Postby Johnnybravo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:10 pm

lukenicol wrote:Had the first flight on my VR the other day. Absolutely mind blowing compared to my old glider (Axxess).
Does anyone have a real life polar to put in my flytec 6030? I'm in a treamline tenax 3. Thanks in advance.

Luke,
You may have noticed VR/VRS polars (not 'real life' ) now on the A-I-R USA website under 'resources'.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/1f3fcf_1d3e3cc ... 50df9b.pdf
JohnB

A-I-R Atos VR/WW Sport 2 (155)/BMW R1150R.
Johnnybravo

Return to Rigid Wings