Joining the Leavesley Aviation forum

All rigid wing news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

Joining the Leavesley Aviation forum

Postby Randombloke » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi everyone,

We have tried to make it very easy for everyone to join the forum, but this also made it easy for the spammers to join and spoil it for us.

So we have had to make it a little harder but it's still very easy for genuine flyers to join the forum.

There are now two steps not one to getting onto the forum

1. Register on the forum in the normal way. You will see a message at the end of your registration that says your registration will need to be approved.
  2. Now send an e-mail to admin at steveu.org(replace the at + spaces with @). Put "Please activate me" in the subject, and in the e-mail please put the user name you used to register, and either what you fly or which area of the forum you are interested in. Your membership will be approved.

You will then be able to use the forum. We apologise for the extra step, but we need to keep some of the stuff we have been bombarded with in the last few days off the forum.

If your login does not work, please send a mail to admin at steveu.org and I will try and sort it.

Anyone who has registered and has not asked to join the forum via e-mail within a week will be assumed to be a spammer and will simply be deleted from the forum.
SteveU
AIR Atos, Avian Amour, Gin Carrera Plus and Pegasus Quantum.
Randombloke

Re: Joining the Leavesley Aviation forum

Postby Randombloke » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:58 am

Every month over 800 spammers try to join this forum.

That's why it's so vital that you follow the procedure and send an email to me to prove you are a real flyer and that you can be activated before the bulk deletions of spammers take place very week.

The only way to stay ahead of them is to remove them en mass, and thus the only way to get genuine flyers onto the forum is to approve them before this deletion takes place.

I still have some names that look like real people who have not mailed me. If you have not then please let me know.

Otherwise I have to lose those names in the weekly removal.

If you mail me you will be activated as soon as I see your mail, you won't have to wait any longer.

Please help to keep the forum for genuine flyers.

Thanks.
SteveU
AIR Atos, Avian Amour, Gin Carrera Plus and Pegasus Quantum.
Randombloke

Return to Rigid Wings