XC FLight today from corndon.

All paragliding news, questions, etc can be found here.

Moderators: ianwhitt, mark leavesley, chasleton, Randombloke, jules

XC FLight today from corndon.

Postby mark leavesley » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm

We got there a little late as I was waiting for my glider to be delivered by UPS, loads up there today and most not known to us but all were friendly,some from up north and some from Norfolk,I got up in a nice solid climb with a ozone Zeno-advance omega and I think Jamie a mynd member but not sure,I topped out at just over 3,000 above corndon then headed towards home (bc) with the Zeno following, it was so easy once up to find climbs and once above bc hit a strong 7 up to base, I then headed to clun where the Zeno broke off to a more south line towards a big lifty dark cloud,I was only supposed to be flying home but as the wind was 0 mph at base I pushed towards the black knoll getting another solid 5 up climb back to base,I got to the mynd and glided along it to the gliding club where I met up with I think Roger in his vintage sailplane and we climbed together a wile until he headed south,I then took a nice line to Linley hill in front once again of corndon and took a climb to the now higher base of just shy of 5,000, I then decided I was so cold to turn south and head back home to land in the back garden, great flight although very cold high up,so roll on more XC flights this year now I have mons and tues off from teaching haha!
https://goo.gl/photos/gWfw1z9qaJQHCrNm6 Pictures are above my house taken by Sian the wife from the garden.
mark leavesley

Re: XC FLight today from corndon.

Postby paramia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Sounds great Mark and wish that I'd been there....What happened to the other team members?..thought that there may have been a gaggle?
paramia

Postby Booby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Nice one Mark, managed to test fly my new progress 2 harness. Very nice and comfy, just à couple of tweaks needed once airborne, weight shift is ace. I took off late so only got a light climb out front but managed 10 mins and fly down to the cars
Booby

Postby alan clark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 am

Nice one wicked for a flight what will you do when you get use to it well done again :P
alan clark

Return to Paragliding